Friday, October 12, 2012

A-Blogging We Will Go...

Hello everybody, and happy Friday! Although I’m aware of Patti Abbott’s Friday’s Forgotten Books meme, I’ve never posted an intentional FFB review myself. But this Friday is a special one—it’s Agatha Christie day! And readers of my blog know very well that at the mention of her name, I’m liable to go off babbling about how wonderful she was for hours. I’ve read most of her output multiple times and that’s why her name hasn’t shown up so often in reviews… but I did manage to persuade John Curran to do an interview/discussion with me on the subject of Christie.

For this Friday, I was asked to contribute an Agatha Christie review to Kevin Tipple’s excellent blog, which is where Barry Ergang posts many of his reviews. (Barry’s a dangerous reviewer, and I can’t even guess the number of books I’ve bought based on his recommendations.) Of course, I was both honoured and very pleased – for once, the ghost of Harry Stephen Keeler was on my side, because I was just preparing to write a review of Agatha Christie’s The Murder at the Vicarage!

So for today, I’ve temporarily set up shop at Kevin’s Corner, and I hope you will all join me there! Please click here to read my review of The Murder at the Vicarage.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Patti. Although I regularly review books that could be considered "forgotten", I've never put myself on a schedule, which is why I haven't done an FFB until now. But this was rather fun to do and I think I'd enjoy doing more! :)

      Delete
  2. From one "dangerous reviewer" to another, you made a nice debut as a guest-blogger, Patrick. I know Kevin hopes this is just the first of your appearances on the "Corner."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind comment, Barry! I would certainly love to post more guest reviews! :)

      Delete
  3. Both Patti and Barry, as usual, have beaten me to the punch. Yes, please, please consider doing more reviews over on my blog. It would truly be an honor to have your work on there.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin, thanks for commenting. I would of course be honoured to post more reviews on your blog -- I'm glad you liked this one!

      Delete
  4. I'm starting to make my way through the Poirot books I haven't read yet and am developing a renewed appreciation for Christie as a result. Good review.

    ReplyDelete