Monday, January 16, 2012

Crime Scene Update

As you may have noticed, production at the crime scene has slowed down recently. This is due to several reasons. One of them is that I’m gearing up for my one-year anniversary, to be celebrated in under two months in March. I’ve gotten in touch with several people and hope to again bring you all a special series of cross-blog reviews and articles. (I am also preparing a very special article that will most likely be published prior to the anniversary extravaganza.)

But I’d like to share some excellent news with you all. In the latest issue of Ellery Queen’s Mystery Magazine, I was delighted to find out that At the Scene of the Crime was mentioned! In the “Blog Bytes” article, author Bill Crider mentioned the blog in very positive terms and singled out a period where I reviewed Farewell, My Lovely; I, The Jury, The Zebra-Striped Hearse and The False Inspector Hound. I’m very grateful to Mr. Crider for the mention. And thanks to the Puzzle Doctor for letting me know about the article. When I fired up the blog, I never suspected that anything I’d do would get a mention in the esteemed pages of EQMM. It is a true honour for me to be mentioned there, and if any readers are on this site thanks to that column, I hope you like what you see! You can find all my reviews and articles under my "Criminal Record" tab.

There are a few changes that will be coming to the blog in the upcoming weeks, which I would like to take the time to address. First off, expect more author pages to appear. I am working on a page devoted to Margaret Millar, and other possibilities include Stanislas-André Steeman, Henry Wade, and René Reouven. I’ll be drawing biographical information about Millar from Jeffrey Marks’ book Atomic Renaissance.

However, the overall design of the blog will remain intact. I hope you all enjoy these spoiler-free reviews, and I hope to continue them for a long time to come! There is so much left out there to discover!

Also, I now have a Facebook fan page devoted to the blog. If you like what you see, I'd be deeply obliged if you'd "like" my page!

2 comments: